Friday 20 November 2009

Fixing IronRuby error when installing Rake

I was trying to install Rake with IronRuby but was always getting the following error:

>igem install rake
ERROR: While executing gem ... (ArgumentError)

After some Googling I've found the following article:


It's not in English or in Russian so I had to ask Google Translate for help. The article stated that length of name is greater than 255 and that's the problem. I've checked mine:

C:/Program Files/IronRuby 0.9.2/

Obviously it's not longer than 255 characters, so the reason is possibly in spaces. I've reinstalled IronRuby to:

E:/bin/ironruby

And...

PS C:\Users\Ivan Suhinin> igem install rake
Successfully installed rake-0.8.7
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for rake-0.8.7...
Installing RDoc documentation for rake-0.8.7...

Yahoo! :) Hope this post will help someone with same problem.

No comments: